NBRC Auction Rules & Requirements
Terms and Conditions
The auction site acts as a place for sellers to sell their Roller Pigeons or products and for bidders to bid on auction listings.
- NBRC is not involved in the transaction between sellers and buyers.
- Buyers have 5 days after winning an item to pay the seller unless the seller has granted additional days.
- NBRC has no control over the accuracy, quality, or truth of any of the listings.
- NBRC cannot control whether or not buyers or sellers complete the sale of the items listed.
- NBRC shall not be responsible for any listings sold in the auction whatsoever and assumes no liability for the contents of the listings.
- NBRC will not issue refunds for paid items. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to obtain the item purchased.
- No sniping is allowed. Auction sniping is the practice, in a timed online auction, of placing a bid likely to exceed the current highest bid (which may be hidden) as late as possible—usually seconds before the end of the auction—giving other bidders no time to outbid the sniper.
- Bidding in the last 15 minutes of the auction will extend the auction by 1 hour each time a bid is placed.
- Sellers must be NBRC paid members in good standing to be able to have items posted within the auction.
- Clubs holding auctions must be in good standing with the NBRC.
- The auction will last for 2 weeks unless arranged before the start of the auction.
- The seller will provide pictures and appropriately worded text for each listing.
- The seller is responsible for promoting the auction.
- Buyers need not be paid NBRC members.
- All bidders must be logged into the site to place a bid.
- Purchasers are responsible for shipping arrangements and payment of shipping to the seller. Purchases may be picked up in person after making arrangements with the seller.
- If a buyer backs out after the auction closes, the item will be offered to the next lowest bidder.
- Buyers have 5 days to pay the seller.
- Buyers not paying within 5 days will have their items offered to the next highest bidder.
- Seller may request having the items listed individually and or in a group.
- Each individual listing posted will be charged $5 for the set-up fee plus 8% of the final sale. The set-up fee is charged whether the item sells or not.
- The NBRC reserves the right to refuse to post an item in any of the auctions.
- To avoid snipping, the auction times will be extended each time two bidders are bidding at the end of the items auction time. Auction sniping is the practice, in a timed online auction, of placing a bid likely to exceed the current highest bid (which may be hidden) as late as possible—usually seconds before the end of the auction—giving other bidders no time to outbid the sniper.
- All benefit auctions payouts will be sent directly to the beneficiary for which the auction is being held.
- There will be an additional charge to the buyers for an appropriate size new shipping box unless they are picking the birds up themselves. $32 for a 4 bird box and $40 for an 8 bird box.
Payment to Seller
History has shown that most buyers will pay NBRC via Paypal when the auction closes. NBRC will collect the funds, then all listing fees will be deducted before sending the bulk payment with itemization to the seller.
Right To Suspend or Terminate
NBRC has the right to terminate any member that does not fulfill a sale or purchase on an item sold or won. Members not fulfilling their obligation will be banned and terminated from NBRC auction site.